Today I saw your face and I lost my breath a little but I didn’t collapse like I would have six months ago.
Do you guys realize how fancy Tegan And Sara lyrics are?
- Other bands: I think you'll be perfect for me.
- Tegan And Sara: Maybe you would have been something I'd be good at.
- Other bands: When I was fourteen.
- Tegan And Sara: When I was four plus a ten.
- Other bands: I'm done trying with you.
- Tegan And Sara: I feel like a fool so I'm going to stop troubling you.
- Other bands: I want to be with you again.
- Tegan And Sara: I just want back in your head.
- Other bands: Do you wanna get serious?
- Tegan And Sara: Go steady with me.
- Other bands: I just met you but I really like you.
- Tegan And Sara: I feel you in my heart and I don't even know you
- Other bands: We broke up. Fuck you.
- Tegan And Sara: I want your lungs to stop working without me.
- Other bands: Let's have sex.
- Tegan And Sara: Let's make things physical.
I want to be untouchable and beautiful and completely dead inside.
"I miss you. I do." She whispered over the phone.
“But if I spend all of my time waiting for you, whole seasons will pass without me noticing, and you may be beautiful, but you will never be more beautiful than the first snowflakes of winter or the summer light cascading through the windows.”
"I could wait for an eternity if only I knew you were coming," she said, "But time is precious, and darling you are not worth the spring blossoms. You are not worth the autumn leaves."
Was it breaking your heart too?
“That’s all right,” she says, and I have to wonder how many times she’s said that to the people in her life who screwed her over somehow.
It’s okay to cry over him.
It’s even okay to forgive him.
But do not go back to him.
If he did not know how to love you the first time,
He won’t know how to do it the next.